All Saints’ Church Hall, Sidmouth on Wednesday 18th April 2018 at 2.30pm
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Sidmouth Centre will be held in All Saints’ Church Hall, Sidmouth on Wednesday 18th April 2018 at 2.30 pm. Minutes of the 2017 AGM and the Annual Statement of Accounts will be available at the meeting.
Nominations for Officers or other elections to the Committee must be made by Members in writing, to be in the hands of the Secretary by Tuesday 3rd April 2018.
1. Opening and welcome by the Chairman
2. To confirm the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of 7th April 2017
3. Treasurer’s Report and adoption of the statement of accounts for the year
4. Resolution to increase membership subscriptions as recommended in the Treasurer’s Report.
5. Annual Report by the Chairman
6. Notice given in accordance with clause G4 of the Constitution
6.1 The Membership Secretary has served on the Committee for more than five years and is (in accordance with clause G4 of the Constitution) ineligible for immediate re-election at the AGM unless the following motion, which allows a relaxation of the clause, is duly signed by ten Association Members in accordance with Clause G4 of the Constitution by approval of this AGM.
6.2 This meeting relaxes the requirements of clause G4 of the Constitution, so enabling Mr David King to stand for re-election to the Committee until the next AGM.
7. Election of Officers and Committee Members
The following have been nominated for election:-
Officers: Mr Robert Hudson Chairman Mrs Cynthia Ive Secretary
Mr John Prescott Treasurer
Committee members Mrs Vivien Rands Social Secretary
Mr David King Membership Secretary
Mrs Jill Glazier Outings Secretary
Vacant Publicity Secretary
Vacant Theatre Club Secretary
8. To elect a Financial Examiner for the ensuing year.
9. Any other business, previously notified in writing to the Secretary.